Since the 1970’s, meditation and type of stress-reduction techniques are studied as powerful treatments for depression. One such follow, yoga has received less attention within the medical literature, though it’s become more famous in recent ten years.
Yoga for Depression
Balasana (Child Pose)
Difficulty level: One of the easiest yoga by pose.
How to do
- Simple, you have to do kneel and sit on heals.
- Big toes touch each other while doing so
- Keep your hands on your knees and spread your knees hip-width apart
- Bend your body forward, place between thighs. Try to touch face on the ground.
- Now, carry arms forward and point on both sides of the head, with the palms facing down.
- It reduces stress and anxiety by keeping brain clam.
- It makes the body to relax by stretches your lower back and hips. You can rediscover sense of wholeness in your life.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose)
Difficulty level: Intermediate
How to do
- Make leg of the table by legs and hands and back body as the table top.
- Now make straight of your elbows and knees, push the hip up to make inverted V-shape.
- Make sure your toes pointing on a straight line, and hands should be shoulder-width apart.
- Make straighten your neck by firmly pressing hands. Era and inner arms must be in touch.
- Finally, your eyes must be pointing to navel.
- The body will get a fresh flow of blood.
- It releasing the stress in the neck and cervical spine by stretching them
- This workout will certainly reduce anxiety and make you calm.
- Most importantly, it improves digestion by strengthening your abdominal muscles.
Savasana (Corpse Pose)
Difficulty level: Simple
How do to
- Lying on your back, arms and legs are spread out.
- Both palms must be facing upward.
- Last, Close your eyes and take a deep breath to make your whole body relax
- It reduces blood pressure
- Will relax the body and feel you rejuvenated.
These are the simplest depression reduction techniques and hope yoga classes in Velachery is really very useful for you all. You can get more yoga methods from here.